- AYZH for developing affordable health technologies for women in rural India.
- FRONTIER MARKETS for delivering clean and safe energy to rural India.
- AVANTI FELLOWS for removing the economic and social barriers to attending top colleges in India.
- MEDHA for providing employability training and leadership mentoring to India’s college graduates.
- SAVELIFE FOUNDATION for creating a community-driven emergency medical response system in India.
The highly competitive Echoing Green Fellowship programme provides more than $2 million in seed support to a diverse group of emerging social entrepreneurs every year. From thousands of applicants, typically fewer than 1% are selected. Winners receive up to $90,000 (50 lakh INR) over two years to support the launch of their new organizations.
“We’re honoured that Avanti Fellows has been chosen for this award”, said Krishna Ramkumar, CEO and co-founder of Avanti Fellows. “When we started in 2010, our dream was to give bright but disadvantaged young people the opportunities so many take for granted. The Echoing Green Fellowship will make a big difference to our ability to support these students into top colleges and bring them into India’s next generation of leaders.”
Avanti Fellows provides mentoring, career guidance and financial assistance to bright young students from low-income backgrounds, helping them into India’s top-tier colleges.
Congratulations to all of them!
For more information visit: http://www.echoinggreen.org/blog/meet-the-2012-echoing-green-fellows